Pack some further protein into your day with these deliciously straightforward protein muffins! Made with mashed banana, protein powder, almond milk, and coconut oil, this straightforward snack is simply as tasty as it’s good for you!
Wholesome Banana Protein Muffins
In search of a wholesome strategy to fulfill your candy tooth? This scrumptious protein muffin recipe has bought all of it: vanilla protein powder, banana, chocolate chunks, maple syrup, and light-brown sugar to create show-stopping, protein-packed muffins that’ll take you to breakfast paradise.
We’ve made all types of muffins right here on Match Foodie Finds. Why? Muffins are tremendous straightforward to customise to your liking. From more healthy substitutions to decadent components, the choices are actually limitless!
Why you’ll love ’em!
This muffin recipe accommodates a whopping 30 grams of protein!
They’re wholesome AND scrumptious.
Nice for making forward and meal prep on the go.
Requires easy substances and little prep.
Ingredient Listing for Excessive Protein Muffins
- Flour: We used all-purpose flour for this recipe. However be happy to make use of white entire wheat flour or a mixture of all-purpose flour and entire wheat flour as a more healthy choice!
- Vanilla protein powder: Any vanilla-flavored protein powder will do! The model we used has 15g of protein per serving.
- Baking soda: don’t neglect the baking soda; it fluffs these muffins up.
- Chocolate chunks: chocolate chunks enhance the decadence degree of those muffins. Be at liberty to make use of any chocolate chip of your alternative.
- Mild brown sugar: we solely use a bit of little bit of brown sugar to sweeten these muffs!
- Maple syrup: Not solely does the maple syrup naturally sweeten these muffins, but it surely additionally provides scrumptious taste.
- Banana: mashed bananas add extra taste and moisture to your protein muffins.
- Massive eggs: use two giant eggs to fluff up these muffins. You can even use a flax egg in case you are out of eggs!
- Almond milk: As a substitute of dairy milk, we used unsweetened almond milk for this recipe. However in the event you desire one other milk selection, go for it! Any milk will do.
- Coconut oil: A wholesome, lower-fat strategy to get moist muffins!
Learn how to Make Wholesome Protein Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray.
SEPARATELY MIX DRY + WET INGREDIENTS
Subsequent, mix all dry substances in a medium-sized bowl and put aside. In a separate giant bowl, whisk collectively the brown sugar and maple syrup. Then add the mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk and blend till mixed.
As soon as combined, switch the dry substances to the moist substances and stir the batter till effectively mixed. Then add the melted coconut oil and blend once more.
Generously fill every effectively within the muffin pan with batter. We crammed ours between 3/4 of the way in which full and all the way in which to the highest.
Place your muffins within the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear when inserted into the middle.
COOL + SERVE
Lastly, take away the muffins from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes. Switch to a wire rack and funky a bit longer earlier than serving. Get pleasure from your scrumptious protein muffins!
Make these protein muffins your personal by including different yummy substances! Listed below are a few of our favorites:
Banana Blueberry: Add a pint of recent (or frozen!) blueberries to the batter earlier than baking.
Banana Nut: Simply give these banana muffins a crunch with 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Carrot Cake: Fancy issues up a bit with 1/2 cup of shredded carrot and 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts to offer these a carrot cake twist!
Chocolate Protein: Flip these into chocolate protein muffins utilizing chocolate protein powder as a substitute of vanilla.
Newest Muffin & Bread Recipes
Prime Suggestions for Protein Muffins
Measure the mashed banana: You’ll want to mash the bananas AND THEN measure them earlier than including them to the muffin batter. The dimensions of banana you employ will decide how a lot mashed banana you find yourself with.
Make them your personal: These are basic banana protein muffins, however be happy so as to add chocolate chips (like we did in these images!), chopped nuts or berries to taste to your liking.
Substitute bananas for applesauce if you’re in a pinch: Sure, folks ask this query even when making banana protein muffins! Applesauce will work as a substitute. Use 1 cup of applesauce rather than the two mashed bananas.
Are you able to make these vegan?
Since these protein muffins comprise eggs, they aren’t thought-about vegan. We advise following our Vegan Banana Bread recipe and making muffins with the batter as a substitute of a loaf.
These muffins will hold for 2-3 days in an hermetic container on the counter. Or, to increase their freshness, retailer them within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
To freeze your protein muffins, allow them to cool fully earlier than putting them on a baking sheet. Then freeze for two hours earlier than transferring right into a freezer-safe, gallon-size bag. Take away as a lot air as attainable and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Pictures: images taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.
Leave a Reply