Manchester Metropolis have been held to a 1-1 draw by Nottingham Forest within the Premier League on Saturday, February 18.
Forest entered this contest on the again of three defeats, one win, and one draw of their final 5 video games throughout competitions. They misplaced 2-0 to Fulham of their final league outing after conceding each early and late within the recreation. Nonetheless, Steve Cooper and his group have been wanting to push additional away from the relegation zone.
Metropolis, alternatively, have received 4 and misplaced one among their final 5 video games throughout competitions. They secured an enormous 3-1 win over Arsenal to briefly leapfrog them within the desk. Pep Guardiola named a robust lineup for this recreation as he appeared to piece collectively a successful streak.
Manchester Metropolis bossed possession from the get-go as they appeared to attain early objectives. They saved the ball for a staggering 84% of the primary half, trying 9 pictures on objective. They handed the ball round 397 occasions in simply the primary interval, stopping Nottingham Forest from constructing any momentum.
After prolonged spells of strain, Manchester Metropolis opened the scoring through a spectacular effort from Bernardo Silva. Jack Grealish did properly to pause earlier than passing to the Portuguese, who shot throughout the objective with the surface of his left foot in a show of pure technical genius. The guests led 1-0 on the break.
Manchester Metropolis got here out for the second half seeking to seal the deal by extending their lead and defending it with function. After their utter dominance within the first interval, the possession was shared barely extra equally, with Nottingham Forest preserving the ball for 38% of the time, whereas Metropolis had it for the remaining 62%.
The guests tried 14 pictures, with simply 5 of them on track. Each managers made a number of modifications as they appeared to change the scoreline to grab a late end result. Morgan Gibbs-White then despatched the gang into raptures as he supplied an help for Chris Wooden to attain from to make it 1-1 with lower than 4 minutes left on the clock.
Nottingham Forest held on as they secured an unimaginable 1-1 draw in opposition to Manchester Metropolis. On that be aware, let’s check out the 5 speaking factors from the sport.
#5. Manchester Metropolis appeared informal in entrance of objective
With over 20 pictures tried, Metropolis have been completely wasteful with the truckload of probabilities they created. They hit the goal simply six occasions out of these 23 makes an attempt regardless of additionally dominating possession. Bernardo Silva scored the one objective for Manchester Metropolis, a surprising effort from distance that took some hitting. Apart from that, they posed little to no menace.
#4. Nottingham Forest had their followers because the twelfth man
As each groups walked on to the pitch previous to kick-off, they have been greeted with a loud refrain of followers in crimson shirt singing and cheering for Nottingham Forest. Their ardour from the stands was transmitted to their group as they dug deep and didn’t concede multiple objective.
Regardless of momentary silence after Bernardo Silva scored, the house followers started cheering for his or her group as soon as once more in direction of the tip as they confirmed nice character to safe some extent.
#3. Manchester Metropolis have misplaced floor on Arsenal
The Gunners got here again from 2-1 down at half-time to safe a mammoth 4-2 win over Aston Villa earlier within the day. They’re now on 54 factors from 23 video games, whereas Manchester Metropolis are on 52 factors from 24 video games.
With an additional recreation in hand, Arsenal might doubtlessly be 5 factors clear on the high ought to they safe victory in that one.
#2. Forest are prone to keep away from relegation
With the board backing supervisor Steve Cooper and investing closely in direction of bringing new personnel to the membership, the group seems to be like they’ve sufficient assets to remain afloat. Following their spirited draw, Nottingham Forest have climbed to thirteenth within the desk with 25 factors from 23 video games.
#1. Erling Haaland struggled to seek out his toes
Haaland had a poor recreation as he did not hit the goal regardless of two makes an attempt. Regardless of enjoying for your entire 90 minutes, he had simply 17 touches of the ball, out of which he gave possession away 5 occasions.
He additionally received simply one among his six duels and performed solely eight correct passes all through the course of the sport.
Paul Merson predicts the results of Newcastle vs Liverpool and different PL GW 24 fixtures! Click on right here
Leave a Reply