From pan to desk in half-hour, these simple teriyaki noodles are as fast as takeout-style dinners get. Tossed in a thick and shiny sauce, they’re stir-fried to sweet-and-savory perfection and sprinkled with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds.
Straightforward Teriyaki Noodles Recipe
Topped with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds, these simple teriyaki noodles are served with a brilliant pop of coloration and a few crunch. Made with a fast do-it-yourself teriyaki sauce, they nonetheless come collectively in simply half-hour — which is quicker than ordering in.
Exhibiting off some candy and savory flavors from soy sauce, darkish brown sugar, and honey, this recipe is cooked till each single noodle is completely coated within the tasty sauce, from tip to tip. Don’t fear if it’s essential make some substitutions, although. I’ve added all attainable swaps to get the perfect teriyaki noodles in your plate.
Served by itself or with shrimp, it’s a improbable side-turned-main that doesn’t require rather more than simmering a sauce, boiling some noodles, and mixing every part collectively. Full of garlicky ginger goodness, nobody may have bother slurping these noodles down for dinner.
What You’ll Want
The sauce elements are a very powerful, so be sure to’ve obtained every part you want earlier than you begin making these simple teriyaki noodles. Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
For the Home made Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce – I used common soy sauce, however you need to use low-sodium as a substitute.
- Darkish brown sugar – Gentle brown sugar is a good substitute. No white sugar, please.
- Uncooked honey – Utilizing half the quantity of agave syrup or rice syrup additionally works.
- Rice vinegar – You possibly can substitute it for cooking sake.
- Sesame oil
- Chili oil – When you don’t have any, or aren’t a fan of it, be at liberty to depart it out.
- Garlic – Strive to not use garlic powder on this recipe.
- Cornstarch – Please don’t use all-purpose flour.
For the Noodles
- Dry egg noodles – Don’t use rice noodles for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil – Corn and canola oil are nice substitutes. No olive oil, please.
- Dried chilis – You may also add crimson pepper flakes as a substitute.
- Soy sauce
- Black sesame seeds – White ones work too.
- Inexperienced onions
Make Teriyaki Noodles
Even with a do-it-yourself sauce, these simple teriyaki noodles come collectively in half-hour. How onerous can they be?
- Make the sauce. Whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, uncooked honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a small pot. Whisk the water and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the pot and whisk to mix.
- Simmer it. Prepare dinner the sauce over medium-low for 7-9 minutes, mixing consistently, or till the sauce thickens like syrup. Take away it from the warmth.
- Boil the noodles. Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them based on the bundle directions. Pressure and set them apart.
- Prepare dinner the noodles. Place a big pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis. Prepare dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic. Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry every part for 5-6 minutes or till heat. The noodles ought to be utterly coated. Modify the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Prepare dinner for one more minute.
- Serve. Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions. Serve and revel in.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
Shrimp and tofu can remodel this simple teriyaki noodles recipe into 2 new others. Nonetheless, you’ll must make the noodles for that first. Right here’s how:
- Don’t overcook the noodles. At all times prepare dinner the noodles based on bundle directions. They need to be “al dente” like pasta, nonetheless having a slight chew. By no means overcook them as a result of this causes the noodles to interrupt simply.
- Stir gently. Don’t get too excited when you’re cooking, you continue to should be light with the noodles or they’ll break and look battered. I like to recommend utilizing kitchen tongs and thoroughly shifting the noodles round, even lifting them up a little bit if attainable.
- Add shrimp. Warmth a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a big pan over excessive warmth. Add 1 pound of medium shrimp and let it prepare dinner for 1 to three minutes on either side or till pink, opaque, and now not translucent. Season with salt and pepper to style. Take away it from the warmth and use it to prime the noodles.
- Use tofu. Slice your favourite extra-firm tofu into 1/2″ thick slices. Add 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil to a pan over medium warmth. Add the tofu and drizzle it with 1/2-1 tablespoon of soy sauce on each side. Let it prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes on either side or till barely grilled. Take away it from the warmth and use it to prime your noodles.
- Prep forward. That can assist you velocity issues up all through the week, you possibly can put together the sauce as much as 3 days prematurely.
- Add sesame oil. When you’re not throwing the noodles into the sauce instantly after boiling them, gently toss them in 4 teaspoons of sesame oil to forestall them from sticking.
What to Serve with Asian-Model Teriyaki Noodles
These simple teriyaki noodles pair effectively with all of your Asian-inspired dishes like my Asian Beef Skewers and Crock Pot Asian Meatballs. Since I really like takeout-style nights, I additionally like to serve it with my Orange Rooster Bites, Chinese language Rooster and Broccoli, and Straightforward Kung Pao Rooster.
For some veggies, I really like my Sesame Snap Peas and Child Bok Choy with Heat Garlic Soy Dressing.
Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- As soon as absolutely cooled, refrigerate these simple teriyaki noodles in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Sadly, they don’t freeze effectively so I don’t suggest doing it.
- To reheat them, sprinkle them with a teaspoon of water after which microwave them for as much as a minute or till heat. You may also do it in a pan over medium-low warmth. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to the pan with the noodles. Stir and let the noodles warmth for five to eight minutes, relying on the serving dimension.
Extra Straightforward Aspect Dish Recipes
For the Home made Teriyaki Sauce:
Whisk collectively the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, uncooked honey, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a saucepan.
Whisk collectively the water and cornstarch in a separate bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the sauce within the saucepan and whisk till effectively mixed.
Place the saucepan over medium-low warmth and prepare dinner the sauce for 7 to 9 minutes, often stirring till the sauce thickens. Take away it from the warmth.
Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them based on the bundle directions. Pressure and set them apart.
Place a wok or massive pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis and prepare dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic.
Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce to the pan. Stir-fry every part for five to six minutes or till heat. The noodles ought to be utterly coated. Modify the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Prepare dinner for one more minute.
Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions.
Serve and revel in.
- Noodles: We’re utilizing tagliatelle-type egg noodles for this recipe – don’t use rice noodles. You possibly can, nevertheless, use fettuccine or linguine.
- Chili Oil is completely non-compulsory, and also you don’t have to make use of it for those who don’t wish to.
- When you don’t have dried chilis readily available, you need to use crimson pepper flakes to style.
- To hurry issues up, you possibly can put together the teriyaki sauce as much as 3 days prematurely.
Energy: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 53 g | Protein: 9 g | Fats: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0.03 g | Ldl cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 1328 mg | Potassium: 201 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 17 g | Vitamin A: 126 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 41 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 51 g
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate based on the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Leave a Reply